With the MEMS and sensors industry on the cusp of explosive growth, MITRE Corp. cyber security expert Cynthia Wright will urge industry executives to lay the groundwork for securing hundreds of billions of autonomous mobility devices in her keynote at the 14th annual MEMS & Sensors Executive Congress (October 29-30, 2018 in Napa Valley, Calif.). Wright, a retired military officer with over 25 years of experience in national security and cyber strategy and policy, will highlight the critical importance of device security and privacy in ensuring reliability and end-user safety.
Hosted by MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG), a SEMI technology community, the event also features DARPA’s Ron Polcawich, who will introduce his agency’s innovation and production program, a government-industry collaboration that aims to dramatically speed design-to-development of MEMS.
Spurred by surging growth in autonomous mobility devices such as smartphones, smart speakers, autonomous cars, and fitness and healthcare wearables, the global market for MEMS and sensors is expected to double in the next five years, reaching $100B by 2023.
Featured speakers at MEMS & Sensors Executive Congress will examine the enabling role of MEMS and sensors in these diverse intelligent applications.
- Autonomous and Electric Cars: What’s in for Conventional MEMS & Sensors? – Jérémie Bouchaud, IHS Markit
- Status, Challenges and Opportunities of the 2018 MEMS & Sensors Industry – Guillaume Girardin, Yole Développement
- Smart Ear: Will Innovation Lead to Technology with Human-like Audio Capabilities? – Andreas Kopetz, Infineon Technologies AG
- Sensors in Food and Agriculture – David Mount, ULVAC
- Environmental Sensor Systems Enabling Autonomous Mobility – Marcellino Gemelli,Bosch Sensortec
- It’s Time for Wearables to Revolutionize Healthcare – Craig Easson and Sudir Mulpuru,Maxim Integrated
- Technology Showcase – Finalists will compete for audience votes as they demo their MEMS/sensors-enabled mobility products.
- Alquimista Cellars Wine Tasting and Dinner on Monday, October 29
MSEC will take place October 29-30, 2018, at the Silverado Resort and Spa in Napa Valley, Calif. Connect with everybody in the supply chain to gain a new perspective on emerging applications.