The global smart antenna market is predicted to expand its growth on the back of rising use in smartphone and high demand in wireless communication applications. With increasing use of smartphone, demand for smart antenna is expected to surge in the coming years. Today, personal digital assistants (PDAs) and laptops could be conveniently replaced by smartphones because of the availability of various features such as high data processing, inbuilt GPS capability, internet applications, and multimedia and voice messaging. Need to improve efficiency of wireless transmission due to growing requirement of optimized web browsing and quicker transmission of data and high download speed in modern communication systems is forecasted to set the tone for significant growth in the market.
In June 2018, 5G-ready multiband conformal antennas were launched by HARMAN International for use in the automotive industry. In order to become a smart antenna, they could be combined with the company’s telematics control unit (TCU) in an integrated package. Automakers are expected to work in line with innovation in the telecommunications industry with the help of this technology.
Rising Application in UWB and RFID Spurs Growth in Europe and North America
Players operating in the world smart antenna market are projected to concentrate on leading regions that could substantially expand growth in the near future. Of these, Europe and North America are anticipated to offer scores of rewarding prospects to help players secure a strong position in the market.
- For the next few years, Europe could tread upon the heels of North America.
- Both the regions grabbed a handsome aggregate market share in the recent past.
- Increasing technological applications such as radio frequency identification (RFID) and ultra-wideband (UWB) could help with market growth in these regions.
- Technologically advanced infrastructure could be another factor placing the developed regions in dominating positions.
Wireless Communication Systems to Engage MIMO Technology More Frequently
There are various applications of smart antenna that players could take advantage of for increasing their market shares: random access digital audio recorder (RADAR), cellular systems, worldwide interoperability for microwave access (WiMAX) systems, and Wi-Fi systems. However, cellular systems are prognosticated to bag a larger amount of revenue in the international smart antenna market. Nevertheless, smart antenna could also make progress in other applications such as acoustic signal processing, track and scan radar, radio telescopes, and radio astronomy.
In terms of technology, the international smart antenna market could find opportunities in segments such as multiple input multiple output (MIMO), multiple input single output (MISO), and single input multiple output (SIMO). Among these, MIMO is prophesied to attract greater demand due to:
- Its ubiquitous presence in almost all wireless communication systems.
- Its improved capacity compared to MISO and SISO technologies.
- Its dual capability of MISO and SISO technologies.
- Its popularity in wireless communication systems application in ‘cooperative’ and ‘massive’ forms.
Merger and acquisition are envisioned to find high adoption as a primary business tactic in the international smart antenna market. Players may also focus on technological advancement to gain an edge over other competitors of the market.