Today Proxidyne, a leader in Internet of Things (iOT) sensors and sensor management, released a revolutionary device to connect iOT sensors to LoRaWAN networks, extending the range of iOT sensors to over 15 km. LoRaWAN is a Low-Power Wide-Area Network (LPWAN) optimized for machine-to-machine (MTM) communications.The Proxidyne LoRa Sensor Node detects changes in Proxidyne sensors (or any iBeacon-compatible device) and sends back that information to a LoRaWAN network, a long range iOT network.
The Proxidyne Sensor Node has integrated Bluetooth LE and LoRaWAN radios to connect Proxidyne sensors or iBeacon-enabled devices to a LoRaWAN network. Sensor include Proxidyne Wireless Buttons, Proxidyne Motion Sensor, Proxidyne Wearable Beacons or any iBeacon-compatible device. The Proxidyne LoRa Sensor Node supports hundreds of sensors communicating to a LoRaWAN network over the long range communication link.
- Bluetooth LE 4.1 (range up to 200 Meters)
- LoRa 915 Mhz Radio Tranceiver (up to 15 Km)
- ARM Cortex-M3 Microcontroller
- Support for LoRaWAN
- 4 AA Batteries (up to 1 year lifetime depending on usage) or 5V Mini-USB
Inputs & Outputs:
- Dry Contact In (Switch on/off detection)
- Dry Contact Out (Trigger external device, up to 30V and 1 A)
- Analog Inputs (0-5V, 0-12V) for Telemetry Sensors
- Bluetooth LE version 4.1 (including Proxidyne Bluenet and iBeacon detection)
- 4-Input button detection via board connector
Example applications include outdoor call buttons, motion detection in remote areas, and survey buttons in areas without cellular or WiFi. Customers can install Proxidyne motion sensors, call buttons, survey buttons, and any iBeacon-compatible device to LoRaWAN via the LoRaWAN Sensor Node and iBeacon Detector. Customers can also manage the iOT sensor and get analytics from the Proxidyne Dashboard.
LoRaWAN Sensor Node and iBeacon Detector has integrated 2 radios, a Bluetooth LE 4.1 radio and a LoRa 915 Mhz Radio Tranceiver. It is powered by a ARM Cortex-M3 Microcontroller and has full suport for for LoRaWAN. It is powered by 4 AA batteries or 5V Mini-USB.
TheLoRaWAN Sensor Node and iBeacon Detector is available today for $199.99 and available for purchase on the Proxidyne store or from any Proxidyne reseller.
To learn more about LoRaWAN Sensor Node and iBeacon Detector or Proxidyne sensors, visit the product page .