Artificial intelligence (AI) is the new normal. It has created significant advancements in every industry on Earth. Artificial intelligence has left its mark on healthcare and entertainment, and consumer electronics are not left behind.
The things we could do with phones, televisions, computers, and other electronic devices twenty years ago are nothing compared to what they can do now. Artificial intelligence has changed the electronics industry forever, from camera-based security systems and intelligent refrigerators to online casino games.
Here we will discuss what is propelling artificial intelligence solutions in the consumer electronics (CE) industry and how it is changing the industry.
What is Propelling AI Solutions in the Ce Industry?
Artificial intelligence is being brought into the consumer electronics industry for several reasons. Some of these reasons are explained below:
- Data Explosion: Technological advancements have made it easy to access data and the amazing things it can do. Data is used to create a significant component (neural network) of AI that works well and is used by consumers and businesses. AI has made it easy for the CE industry to gain insight into consumer needs. Companies can now track users’ data on their websites and social media platforms.
- Consumers’ Demand: Consumers use many devices and apps that AI powers. This has skyrocketed the demand for AI electronics devices among consumers. As a result, the consumer electronics industry is steadily looking for ways to create user-friendly devices that meet consumers’ needs.
How Artificial Intelligence is Changing the Electronics Industry
Consumer electronics companies applying artificial intelligence to their products and devices have changed how the electronic industry operates. Here are some of the consumer electronics products in which AI solutions have been applied:
- Smart Phones: Smartphones manufactured these days have built-in AI on the hardware. This has made intelligent phones perform functions like converting people’s movements to real-time emojis, identifying images, translating languages, taking high-resolution pictures, and converting users’ voices to emojis.
- Smart Camera-based Security Systems: AI has increased the functions and performance of security systems. With AI, cameras can monitor specific locations, generate an alarm when something is wrong and protect assets with accurate time measures.
- Smart Refrigerators And Ovens: AI has made it easy for refrigerators to track the contents in the fridge, detect the quantity of available food, and order on behalf of the user. Smart ovens can take a user’s profile into account and automate the cooking process for the user.
As consumers’ needs change and technology breaks new grounds, technological companies will make more changes in the consumer electronics industry. Artificial intelligence will be at the forefront, paving the way.