- AUTOSAR MCAL and Operating System software for the MPC56xx devices are now free-of-charge
- NXP has radically reduced the price for AUTOSAR MCAL and Operating System for the MPC57xx microcontrollers reaffirming its long-term commitment to Power Architecture
- Production-grade Software Development Kit (SDK), middleware and stacks now available as an early access release for the MPC57xx
Developers of electronic controls for industrial and automotive products face a steep challenge to bring products to market fast with enhanced safety and security features. This complexity in automotive software development led the industry to develop the AUTOSAR standard, an open automotive software architecture that simplifies the development process of electronic systems that improve quality, performance, safety and environmental friendliness. NXP is now providing an expanded set of its automotive-grade software solutions to help customers develop with complex microcontrollers.
- With the software solutions for NXP’s MPC56xx and MPC57xx families of microcontrollers, customers may significantly reduce cost, development effort and time to market in a broad range of automotive applications such as Gateway, Functional Safety, Advanced Motor Control, Engine Control, Radar, Braking, Steering and Suspension.
- To support this industry standard, NXP now provides production intent AUTOSAR MCAL and Operating System software for the MPC56xx devices free-of-charge.
- NXP has also announced a radical price reduction for AUTOSAR 3.0/4.0 MCAL and Operating System for the MPC57xx microcontrollers.
Compliance and Compatibility Details
- NXP automotive-grade software products are developed according to MISRA and Automotive SPICE compliant development processes.
- For software that targets MCUs designed for NXP’s SafeAssure program, the development process has been enhanced to comply with the ISO26262 standard on functional safety. NXP software can be integrated with other software developed for the AUTOSAR ecosystem and with AUTOSAR configuration tools offered by third parties.
- NXP MCAL packages include drivers for the major MCU peripherals, for initialization, communication, IO handling, and memory management.
New SDKs for Free
- NXP has also introduced a comprehensive, automotive-grade software development kit (SDK) that provides the critical software components necessary to operate the automotive MPC57xx MCUs. The first MCU that is supported by this SDK is our leading-edge microcontroller for gateway applications, the MPC5748G.
Total System Enhancements
NXP now offers additional software stacks and middleware as part of the total system solution, such as
- TCP/IP, Ethernet AVB, and USB stacks for high speed communication
- SDHC to connect non-volatile memory cards
- Safety and security software to meet requirements for functional safety and the increasing demand for data security
- An extensive Math and Motor Control library, and
- A Motor Control Development Toolbox for model based design of motor control applications
“The largest barriers to getting products to market are software, research and development and their associated costs. With the expansion of our software solutions for AUTOSAR and the MPC57xx SDK we continue to expand access for all customers while further affirming our commitment to NXP’s 15-year longevity program for Automotive Power Architecture products,” said Paul Lee, Global Distribution Marketing Manager for NXP Automotive Microcontrollers.
“NXP has provided AUTOSAR solutions, implemented with the highest quality standards, for more than 10 years. Reducing the price for our AUTOSAR software will provide our customers with another option to accelerate their own software development,” said Andreas Both, Global Marketing Manager for NXP Automotive Software.