DENSO Corporation, announced that it has formulated the DENSO Group Long-term Policy 2030, which defines business goals to achieve by 2030, and the DENSO Group Long-term Plan 2025, which sets forth milestones to achieve these goals.
- Long-term Policy 2030: Bringing hope for the future for our planet, society and all people
DENSO strives to enrich society with new offerings that enhance mobility and achieve sustainability, happiness and peace of mind for everyone.
With the Long-term Policy 2030 as a guide, DENSO will focus on translating its expertise and technological achievements into environmental benefits and greater peace of mind.
DENSO will craft inspiring products that make mobility something to smile about for people everywhere.
- Long-term Plan 2025
The Long-term Plan 2025 sets milestones for achieving goals defined in the Long-term Policy 2030.
DENSO will generate revenue of seven trillion yen and operating profit of 10% by achieving growth in new fields of mobility, such as electrification and automated driving. To this end, DENSO will focus on four fields: electrification, automated driving, connected driving and non-automotive businesses (factory automation and agriculture). Part of this plan involves reforming DENSO’s management structure to achieve speed and business agility.
Management Reform: Five Pillars
1) Enhancement of vehicle perspective and cross-sector functions DENSO will enhance the system for developing integrated platforms and promote cross-functional activities among its business fields, including ECUs, semiconductors, sensors and motors.
2) Advanced R&D function to realize agile development globally To quickly predict and verify the early signs and results of innovation around the world, satellite facilities for R&D will be established within and outside of Japan.
3) Business Unit evolution and smaller but stronger headquarters More discretion and autonomy will be given to business units to promote speedy business management and innovation. The head office will be streamlined to form a team that can create new value at extraordinarily high speed.
4) Global management with optimal use of group and regional power Directors of respective regional headquarters will operate the business based on quick decision making by taking regional characteristics into account to achieve truly independent management by region.
5) Way of working with tremendous speed and efficiency DENSO will enhance business processes, HR systems and information systems to promote a culture of speed and efficiency.