What is an IoT Platform?
We are heading towards the connected world where we can see an explosion in IoT deployments and solutions around the world. IoT platform is emerging as the central backbone of IoT based system deployment.
Here is the short definition of IoT platform – “An IoT platform is a suite of components that enables developers to deploy Apps, remote data collection, secure connectivity, device management and sensors management”.
These IoT platforms are the key elements of development of scalable IoT applications and services that connect the real and virtual world between objects, systems and people.
- ThingWorx: ThingWorx is one of the oldest and leading IoT platform, enables innovators to create and deploy game changing applications and solutions to experience today’s smart connected world.
- Microsoft Azure IoT Suite: Microsoft Azure Suite is known for its pre-configured connected factory solution. It enables developers to connect and monitor industrial equipments and devices in the cloud – including already deployed machines.
- ThingSpeak: ThingSpeak is an open IoT platform with MATLAB analytics which collect sensor data privately to the cloud, analyze and visualize your data MATLAB and trigger an action accordingly.
- Collect data in private channels
- Share data with public channels
- RESTful and MQTT APIs
- MATLAB analytics and visualizations
- AWS IoT: Amazon Web Services has built IoT specific services such as AWS Greengrass and AWS IoT Core. They help you to collect and send data to the cloud. It makes easy to lead and analyze the information and provide ability to manage the devices.
- AWS IoT Core
- AWS IoT Device Management
- AWS Greengrass
- AWS IoT Analytics
- Amazon FreeRTOS
- AWS IoT 1-Click
- AWS IoT Button
- AWS IoT Device Defender
- Google Cloud Platform: Google Cloud IoT Core is a fully managed service that allows a developer to connect, manage, and ingest data from millions of globally dispersed devices. It provides a complete solution or collecting, processing, analyzing and visualizing IoT data in real time.
- End-to-end security
- Single global system
- Out-of-box data insights
- Fully managed and scalable
- Role-level access control
- Device deployment at scale
- IBM Watson: Watson IoT was named leader in the IoT world by IDC. Its built-in security, cognitive and industry expertise makes it stands apart from its competitors. With Watson IoT Platform, you can connect, manage and secure your IoT devices. IBM Watson offers Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and image and text analytics to enrich IoT apps.
- Use the power of cognitive
- Connect things easily
- Manage and integrate data
- Built-in Security
- Bosch IoT Suite: It is known for its solution in agriculture. Bosch IoT Suite is a flexible IoT platform based on open standards and open source. Software developers can quickly set up prototype applications before implementing them, deploying them within minutes, and operating them at high availability.
- Carriots: Carriots is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) designed for Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine to Machine (M2M) projects. It allows you to easily connect things to the internet and internet to the things.
- Collect & store any kind of data from your devices
- Build powerful applications with our SDK engine
- Deploy and scale from tiny prototypes to thousands of devices
- Oracle Integrated Cloud: It allows you to securely connect, analyze and integrate real-time IoT data at scale between connected devices and your enterprise applications. Oracle’s IoT solution optimizes the flow of information, improves asset performance, increases energy efficiency, and enhances customer service.
- Reliably and securely collect data from devices
- Standardize integration of devices with the enterprise
- Perform real-time, big data, and predictive analytics on IoT streams and events
- Seamlessly extend enterprise applications and processes with IoT data
- Allow enterprise and mobile applications to control devices
- Cisco Kinetic: Cisco Kinetic helps you extract, compute, and move data from connected things to applications, and drive better business outcomes.