If you run a website or blog, first of all you should make sure that your website is safe and no one can hack it. If you want your website or blog to be safe, in this article we are going to tell you what is such SSL and what is the benefit of using it and why is it necessary for the website to buy it?
What is SSL?
SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer, is an encryption-based Internet security protocol. It was first developed by Netscape in 1995 for the purpose of ensuring privacy, authentication, and data integrity in Internet communications. SSL is the predecessor to the modern TLS encryption used today.
The data transfer between two systems connected to the Internet is in an encrypted form. In such a situation, if a person (hacker) intercepts the record in the time of data transfer and even sees the data, then there is no harm because the data is in a form which they cannot understand.
If you have visited a website that starts at address bar from https: //, then you have made a secure connection using SSL.
How does it work?
SSL secures the connection between two systems connected to the Internet under one process.
1. First of all the webserver sends its SSL certificate to the browser or server
2. The browser checks whether the SSL certificate is correct. Sends a message to the webserver if true.
3. The web server sends a digitally signed acknowledgement to the browser after receiving the message. After which a secure session starts with an SSL.
4. Now data is shared between web server and browser or server in encrypted form.
Why use in SSL site? Advantages of using an SSL Certificate.
- Gives a secure experience to Visitors or customers
- Protects internal data of customer and site
- Using HTTPS in the site also benefits in Google ranking.
- Encrypts communication between browser to server or server to server
- Provides security to web application and mobile
- SSL improves customer confidence