Moxa’s newly launched UC-8100-ME-T series is a 4G LTE-enabled edge- computing solution designed for IIoT applications. The UC-8100-ME-T is built around an ARM Cortex -A8 1 GHz processor and comes with two RS-232/422/485 serial ports and dual 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN ports, as well as a Mini PCIe socket to support 3G/4G LTE cellular modules.
4G LTE networks’ connectivity speeds are up to ten times faster than previous generations of mobile communication technologies. However, this improvement comes with a disadvantage: the extra heat generated by the 4G LTE components in the IIoT gateway. To provide reliable IIoT computing platforms, Moxa offers wide-temperature LTE-enabled models that are available for extended-temperature applications. All units are thoroughly tested in a testing chamber, guaranteeing that the LTE-enabled computing platforms are suitable for -40°C to 70°C wide-temperature applications.
Since many legacy industrial protocols are not compatible with IoT technologies, sending data from edge devices to a cloud database is often a drain on engineering resources. An optional software tool that comes with the UC-8100-ME-T series is Moxa’s ThingsPro™, an integrated data-acquisition and device-management software suite, which includes generic Modbus protocol support, as well as the IoT communication protocol MQTT, making it easy to transfer field data to a remote database in a few simple steps.
With flexible interfacing options and software support, this tiny edge-computing platform is a reliable and secure IIoT gateway for data acquisition and processing at field sites, as well as a useful communication platform for many other large-scale IIoT deployments.
- Built for Industrial IoT environments
- ARM Cortex -A8 1 GHz processor
- Debian open platform
- Industrial-grade fanless design and DIN-rail mounting
- -40 to 70°C wide operating temperature range with LTE module installed
- Dual auto-sensing 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports
- Programmable LEDs and a programmable button for easy installation and maintenance
- SD socket for storage expansion and mini PCIe socket for cellular module
- Patented Secure Boot technology that safeguards the Linux kernel
Click below to learn more and get a quote for the UC-8100-ME-T series edge computers:
Learn more about ThingsPro suite: