Global Outdoor Led Display Market was valued at $3 billion in 2016, and is expected to reach $14 billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of 21.7% from 2017 to 2023. Light emitting diode (LED) is a semiconductor chip that emits light of different wavelength in the visible spectrum along with emission of UV and infrared light. LED displays are used to display multimedia graphics, such as company advertisements, promotions, scoreboards, and traffic signs, and are mounted on buildings, highways, stadiums, and entertainment shows to extend their reach to a large population.
Outdoor LED displays have been gaining popularity in the recent years, owing to significant technological advancements such as automated LED displays, wireless control systems, better picture quality, and high brightness. These advancements have fueled the use of LED displays in various live events such as concerts, sport stadiums, digital signage, and for regular meteorological updates. However, factors such as high initial investments and unstable demand are some of the major restraints of the market growth.
Rise in demand for interactive display technology
The preference for outdoor LED displays has increased due to better brightness capabilities and longer shelf life of LEDs over LCD displays. Market players have heavily invested in brand promotions to increase customer base and expand their market presence. In addition, technological advancements in the sector such as transition from mono-colored LED displays to full colored LED displays, and its rapid proliferation in smaller cities have substantially boosted the market growth. Consumers prefer using LEDs in small spaces such as live concerts, outdoor functions in the form of video walls, mobile LED displays, and billboards.
The global outdoor LED display market is segregated on the basis of type, application, geography. However, based on application it is further bifurcated into six categories, namely, billboards, mobile LED display, LED traffic lights, perimeter boards, video walls, and other matrix boards. In 2016, the billboards segment generated the highest revenue, followed by the perimeter boards segment. However, the video walls and LED traffic lights segments are projected to be the potential areas for investment in the near future.
The key players operating in the outdoor LED display market include Barco N.V., Daktronics Inc., LG Electronics, Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Lighthouse Technologies Ltd., Shenzhen Dicolor Optoelectronics Co., Ltd., Leyard, and EKTA, Electronic Displays, Inc.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the global outdoor LED display market across major regions as well as estimated revenues generated during the forecast period.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 is provided to help the manufacturers analyze the market scenario.
- Comprehensive analysis of current market trends along with the market potential, in terms of value is provided in the report.
- The report conducts extensive analysis of the market by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
- Qualitative & quantitative market trends are provided to assist stakeholders to understand the prevail situation in the industry.
Outdoor Led Display Market Key Segmentation:
- Surface Mounted
- Individually Mounted
- Mobile LED Display
- LED Traffic Lights
- Perimeter Boards
- Video Walls
- Other Matrix Boards
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Barco N.V.
- Daktronics, Inc.
- LG Electronics
- Panasonic Corporation
- Toshiba Corporation
- Lighthouse Technologies Ltd.
- Shenzhen Dicolor Optoelectronics Co., Ltd.
- Electronic Displays, Inc.
*The other companies in value chain
- Euro Display
Read and download full research report: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/outdoor-LED-display-market