STMicroelectronics, a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications and a top supplier of secure solutions, is demonstrating its latest innovative products and technologies for the Internet of Things (IoT) at the 19th edition of SmartCards Expo 2017 in New Delhi, India.
Today, IoT adoption is propelling smart-card technology to the forefront of business transactions. New applications, devices, and adoption trends are driving a growing global market for smart-card technologies that is expected to reach $11 billion in 2022, up from nearly $7.3 billion in 2017, according to BCC Research’s Smart Card Technologies and Global Markets.
To address this growth, ST’s focus at the exhibition is on Smart & Secure Solutions for IoT. Demonstrations and displays from ST will showcase the widest array of technologies and solutions in payment technology and secure solutions dedicated to the banking and identification markets, secure transactions and wearable products for the Internet of Things, as well as for smarter homes and cities.
The ST demos will focus on four main sectors:
- Banking and ID solutions for smart-card businesses such as payment, people identification, and transport;
- Mobile security addressing SIM solutions for cellular connectivity in mobiles and wearables, as well as secure solutions for Near Field Communication (NFC);
- Authentication, covering brand protection, Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs), and strong authentication solutions for IoT security;
- NFC/RFID solutions for the IoT and Smart applications.
A highlight at the ST booth will be the mRobot Secure Platform, which is a complete system integration to manage platform integrity and to assure secure application update. The demo, a robot driven by an STM32L4 microcontroller embedding ProvenCore-M software associated with the STSAFE-A100 secure element, demonstrates how to build a protected platform. The solution is capable of performing secure boot and secure application upgrade thanks to the root-of-trust STM32 /STSAFE-A100/ProvenCore-M package.
The ST booth will also stage several customer products including:
- Nintendo Switch
- Electronic Passport
- Wristband with an STPay Seure IC
- Smart Watch, Smart Lock, Smart Switch, Smart Cup
These and more will be on show at Booth 24, Hall 12 A, on October 25-27, 2017, at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India.
For more information visit: www.st.com.