DuPont Advanced Materials (DuPont) announced today its latest smart clothing technology under a new brand identity – DuPont Intexar The company will showcase various examples of Intexar smart clothing technology used for sports, fitness and wellness at the upcoming 4th Wearable Expo in Tokyo Big Sight, at booth No. W19-4 from Jan. 17-19.
“At DuPont we spend a lot of energy bringing innovative materials to market. Intexar is a great example of this, taking advantage of stretchable electronics to deliver seamless comfortable smart clothing. What we are really excited about in this new industry is how DuPont connects with partners down the value chain to create a vision, build commitment and deliver innovation to the end consumer. With DuPont’s broad background in circuitry design, processing know-how, engineering mechanics, system integration and textile innovation, we know how to work together to deliver industry ready solutions,” said Gordon Tseng, regional marketing leader, Asia Pacific, DuPont Advanced Materials. “We welcome you to the DuPont booth to see and feel the seamless, comfortable, and high performing smart clothing garments powered by DuPont™ Intexar™ technology.”
DuPont will feature some of the best smart clothing garments and printed parts from its collaboration partners:
- BodyPlus will display smart fitness tops, outdoor team training shirt, and a smart vest for wellness market. These products are commercially available in China, and feature DuPont Intexar sensors and interconnects within the garment which deliver real-time monitoring and data capture of various user activities for analysis, e.g., heart rate, breathing rate, ECG (electrocardiogram), training load, etc. In addition, there will be hourly live demos at the DuPont booth.
- OMsignal will display a high-end fitness sports bra that boasts advanced sensory technologies which capture real time ECG, respiration, and physical activity for fitness and healthcare applications
- GM Nameplate will display printed electronics circuitry on flexible and stretchable materials
- A wearable remote monitoring health patch from Holst Centre that measures respiration rate and depth, motion, ECG and heart rate.
- INOAC will feature a heating module using Intexar materials
Intexar transforms ordinary fabrics into active, connected, intelligent garments that enable critical biometric data collection including heart rate, breathing rate, form awareness and muscle tension. The Intexar product line includes a set of unique, compatible, and stretchable inks and films that enable comfortable, durable and washable smart garments. Intexar offers superior stretch and comfort and is easily integrated into garments to make smart clothing. For more information please visit intexar.dupont.com.
DuPont Advanced Materials is a leading innovator and high-volume supplier of commercially available electronic inks and compatible substrates for a broad range of printed electronic applications. The growing portfolio of DuPont Advanced Materials electronic inks is used in many applications, including forming conductive traces, capacitor and resistor elements, and dielectric and encapsulating layers that are compatible with many substrate surfaces including polymer, glass and ceramic.