Q4: Net revenues $2.65 billion; operating margin 16.8%; net income $418 million
FY: Net revenues up 15.8% to $9.66 billion, operating income up 39.3% to $1.40 billion, net income up 60.4% to $1.29 billion
Q1 2019 business outlook at mid-point: net revenues of about $2.1 billion and gross margin of about 39.0%
STMicroelectronics a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, reported U.S. GAAP financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2018. This press release also contains non-U.S. GAAP measures (see Appendix for additional information).
ST reported fourth quarter net revenues of $2.65 billion, gross margin of 40.0%, operating margin of 16.8%, and net income of $418 million or $0.46 diluted earnings per share.
Jean-Marc Chery, STMicroelectronics President & CEO, commented:
- “ST delivered a solid performance in the fourth quarter, with net revenues and operating income increasing sequentially 5.0% and 11.5%, respectively.
- “Net revenues in 2018 increased by 15.8% year-over-year led by Imaging, Automotive and Power Discrete.
- “2018 has been an important year for ST. In line with the objectives we had set, we achieved significant revenue growth across our product groups, as well as a strong expansion of profitability and cash flow from operations.
- “Our first quarter outlook is for revenues of about $2.1 billion at the mid-point, decreasing year-over-year by about 5.7%. Sequentially, this represents a decrease of about 20.7%, reflecting the combined impact of increased unfavorable dynamics in some of the end markets we serve, on top of normal first quarter seasonality. From a profitability perspective, we expect a gross margin of about 39% at the mid-point.
- “For 2019 our key objectives are to continue outperforming our served market, to balance our end market and application focus and to execute on our strategic technology, R&D and manufacturing programs. Therefore, we expect to invest between $1.2 to $1.3 billion in CAPEX.”