Rohde & Schwarz will demonstrate a wide range of testing solutions that support advanced automotive applications at Automotive Testing Expo Europe 2019. The solutions on display cover the testing of automotive radar sensors, automotive Ethernet, 5G and cellular V2X as well as audio/video quality.
Rohde & Schwarz test solutions for the automotive industry combine high reliability with class-leading performance. The test and measurement specialist will exhibit a selection of its solutions – from predevelopment to R&D to production – at Automotive Testing Expo Europe 2019, held in Stuttgart from May 21 to 23. The solutions cover the following applications:
– Automotive radar sensor testing: The R&S AREG100A automotive radar echo generator simulates up to four static artificial objects for reliable and simple testing of today’s state-of-the-art and tomorrow’s most advanced radar sensors.
– Automotive MIMO radar analysis: Radar sensors and modules in the 77 GHz to 81 GHz bands utilizing MIMO radar architecture can be tested with the R&S RTP084 oscilloscope with up to four phase-coherent channels and 8 GHz bandwidth. The complete solution comprises downconverting mixers and the R&S SMA100B signal generator as signal source and local oscillator.
– Automotive Ethernet compliance testing: Utilizing the R&S RTO2064 oscilloscope and the R&S ZND vector network analyzer, users can carry out a fully automated compliance test for automotive Ethernet. Additionally, the oscilloscope is well suited to identify potential EMI risks.
– Cellular V2X testing: Combining the R&S CMW500 wideband radio communication tester with the R&S SMBV100B vector signal generator, this test solution is coupled with a Vector CANoe.Car2x device for repeatable testing of intelligent transport system (ITS) traffic scenarios in a controlled test environment. The setup simulates both the radio network and GNSS satellite navigation.
– Infotainment video quality and user experience testing: The demonstration will highlight the capabilities of the R&S BTC broadcast test center and show how to implement repeatable, fast and intuitive testing of video quality for broadcast signals and video streaming.
The Rohde & Schwarz team, along with the demonstrations listed, can be found in hall 10, booth 1604, for the duration of the exhibition.