If you want to settle for a faster method of application development, you can choose something apart from the conventional waterfall methodology. In this situation, you have to stick to a planned schedule to make things work. Sometimes, when clients propose sudden changes, the developers have to start from scratch. This is why we suggest you put faith in rapid application development. Not to forget, this concept has been around for quite some time but was often overlooked by many people. However, before moving on to discuss it in detail, let us enlighten you with a basic introduction.
What is Rapid Application Development?
In simple words, rapid application development is the modern concept that prioritizes the prototype to encourage software development. This means, with rapid application development, you will have to focus on the client reviews and the use of the software. This means, even if you have the best planning for developing software in town, but the previous response has been negative, the rapid application development software will compel you to gravitate in some other direction.
If you still don’t know what is rapid application development, you can sift through its benefits mentioned below.
- Better flexibility because developers can make rapid changes in the development process. Especially if the customers demand a sudden change in the requirements, the rapid application development software will easily cater to it. In contrast, if any other conventional development software is used, you will never be able to quickly produce tailor-made solutions for the customers.
- An exponential increase in the level of customer satisfaction because of the strong collaboration between the stakeholders and the company.
- Speedy iterations that can easily put a cut on the delivery time.
- The better approach towards risk management as stakeholders can discuss the code vulnerabilities.
- Less exposure to surprises because this concept can easily improve integration within the software.
Does Your Team Need a Rapid Application Development Software?
If you are not sure about whether or not your team needs rapid application development software, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Do you need to fulfill a customer’s demand in a short time?
- Do you have the best techniques and tools to make this software function in your business?
- How many experienced developers do you have actively working in the organization?
- Is your client willing to operate with the RAD software?
As soon as you answer all of these questions, it will become easier for you to focus on the application of the RAD software in your business. In contrast, if your business doesn’t have the right tools and tips to make the RAD software work, spending money on this aspect will be of no use.
What Are The 5 Steps of the Rapid Application Development Software?
- Define Project Requirements
The first and most obvious step to consider is to define the requirements of a new project. Unless you don’t have a perspective on the current needs of the customer, you won’t be able to set off with the RAD software. Make a list of the project goals, timelines, budgets, and expectations. When you have a clear idea of each of these aspects, only then should you choose to move on to the next step.
- Consider Building the Prototypes
Because the RAD software depends on the prototypes, developers and designers will come together to provide tailor-made solutions to the clients. This way, the final prototype of the project will get ready in a short time.
- User Feedback is Paramount
This step is important because it is inclusive of aggregating the beta systems and the prototypes to transition them into models. Here, developers can gather feedback from the clients before providing them with what they want.
In this step, you need to test your created software before offering it to the customers. For this to happen, you need to consider client feedback as paramount because it will help you in getting better at your craft.
- Presenting the System
Now that you have prepared your system, you can put it on the table for the customers to test.