Renesas Electronics launched the industry’s first 60W wireless power receiver, the Single-Chip P9418 IC which Combines WattShare Technology, Best Thermal Performance, and Best-in-Class Current Sense Accuracy in the Highest Power Density Solution for Smartphone and Mobile Device Charging
The IC is equipped with companies’ exclusive WattShare technology, As IC delivers up to 60W of power in a single chip which helps in quick and convenient charging on the go beyond smartphones, including device charging for a variety of portable computing devices.
The P9418 can be configured to transmit or receive an AC power signal through magnetic induction. The P9418 builds on the proven P9415 wireless power receiver and provides an easy upgrade path for existing customers. The new P9418 also delivers advanced telemetry and proprietary charging protocols required for high-power applications.
Key Features of P9418 60W Wireless Power Receiver
- Single-chip WPC medium power wireless solution
- Delivers up to 60W as a receiver in highest power density solution
- WattShare (TRx ) mode with up to 10W Tx capability
- Embedded 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor
- Best-in-class IOUT current sensing accuracy for enhanced foreign object detection capabilities
- MTP non-volatile memory for easy firmware and device function updates
- Bi-directional communications to support proprietary authentication with encryption
- Supports I2C 400kHz standard interface and GPIOs
- WPC 1.2.4 compliant and various proprietary charging modes
“The P9418 is the latest first-to-market example of our fast wireless charging technology, and we are proud to continue leading the way to convenient and cost-effective wireless charging for a range of mobile devices with our robust, safe and field programmable wireless power solutions,” said Dr. Amit Bavisi, Vice President of Wireless Power Group, Mobility Infrastructure and IoT Power Business Division at Renesas. “With our broad portfolio of scalable wireless power solutions, we are excited to be part of transforming the charging experience for a wide variety of battery-powered applications.”
Customers can also combine the P9418 wireless charging receiver with Renesas’ power management portfolio, including its USB Type-C™ power delivery and battery charging solutions, to accelerate the development of their applications.
For more information visit: www.renesas.com/P9418