Image sensors are majorly used in a wide range of digital cameras, and imaging devices for the enhanced quality of an image. The applications of image sensors are majorly found in automotive & transportation, consumer electronics, healthcare, and other industries. The manufacturers of automotive, consumer electronics, and other industries across the globe are struggling to improve the parameters like performance, resolution, and better pixel size for removing redundancies and unwanted circumstances.
The growth of the image sensor market is majorly driven by the rising demand for dual camera-enabled smartphones and increasing demand for improved medical imaging in the healthcare industry. Moreover, new technologies like self-driving cars and increasing research & development on the miniaturization of imaging devices are expected to create opportunities for the global image sensor market in the coming years. However, the high cost of manufacturing is expected to impede the growth of the global image sensor market in the coming years.
According to AllTheResearch, “Global Image sensor market was valued at USD 15,153.3 million in 2018 and is expected to reach USD xx million in 2026, growing at a CAGR of 10.2% during the forecast period.”
Company Profiles and Competitive Intelligence:
The major players operating in the global image sensor market are United Technologies Corporation (Interlogix) (US), Hamamatsu Photonics (Japan), Teledyne Technologies International Corp (US), ams AG (Austria), Cognex Corporation (US), Vayyar Imaging Ltd. (Israel), Infineon Technologies AG (Germany), Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation (Japan), Samsung Group (South Korea), OmniVision Technologies, Inc. (US) among others.
Image Sensor Market Segmentation
By Technology – Si Process Technology (CMOS, CCD), Compound Semiconductor Process technology, MEMS Technology
By Sensor Type- 2D Image Sensor, 3D Image Sensor, 4D Image Sensor
By Light Spectrum- Visible Spectrum, Non-visible Spectrum
By Image Array- Linear Image Sensor, Area Image Sensor
By Application- Scanner, Smartphone & Tablet, PC, Wearables, Drone, Service Robots, ADAS System, X-Ray Imaging, Endoscopy, Industrial Survey & Monitoring, Others
- Based on technology, the Si process technology segment is expected to hold the dominating share and projected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period
- Based on sensor type, the 3D image sensors segment holds a significant market share in 2018
- Based on light spectrum, the non-visible spectrum grows at a highest rate throughout the forecast period
- Based on end-use industry, automotive & transportation segment will grow at a significant rate during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific accounted for the largest share in the global image sensor market in 2018.
For more information visit www.alltheresearch.com