Have a smart TV but don’t know how to connect your phone to it? Well, you’re not alone! There are a lot of people out there who can’t figure out how to bring their phones to the TV screen. In this article, we will go over all the steps required to complete this process. After that, you can, for example, try connecting the hygrometers for home to an app on your phone that will show you all the information on your TV screen.
How to Connect the Phone to TV Without Wi-Fi
Connecting the phone to a smart TV without Wi-Fi has become easier than ever before. There are various ways you can do it, and we will discuss all of them.
Screencasting is one easy way that you can play your phone on a bigger screen. It is the process of sharing whatever is being displayed on one device to another device, usually larger. The large screen will be used as an external monitor for the smaller display via cable connection or wirelessly without any complicated settings needed.
The most common ways are using Google Cast and Apple AirPlay.
Google Cast is available on Android devices whereas AirPlay is made for iOS users; both are pretty simple to set up.
For Google Cast, there’s no need for any app installation or account registration – simply cast your screen by clicking the ‘cast’ button in supported apps like YouTube, Google Play Music, etc. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Home app on your Android phone > tap on the “Devices” button located at the top right corner of the screen or swipe until you view all available devices.
- Scroll down to find and select your device (you might be asked to switch it on if it’s off).
- On the top right corner of your phone’s screen, click on the cast button. That’s it! You can now see your device’s screen mirrored in HD quality to TV from any corner of the room.
For Apple users, go to ‘Settings > AirPlay’ and enable the mirroring option for a specific Apple device.
Now, to make your phone play on your TV wirelessly follow these steps:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both devices (phone & TV). Make sure that it doesn’t conflict with any existing network or you might face connectivity issues while streaming videos.
- Switch ON the Mirroring option on your phone.
- Tap on the menu icon > select “Cast screen” and wait for it to connect with the TV. Once connected, you will see a notification bar that shows that mirroring is ON from your side. You can now open apps or play videos as usual from your mobile device & watch them in high definition quality on TV.
Special Devices (Chromecast)
If your TV is compatible with Google Chromecast, you can connect the phone wirelessly to a TV without Wi-Fi. It will take some time and effort though. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn on the Chromecast device from an app or its website in a computer’s browser;
- Connect the phone to the same Wi-Fi network that your Chromecast device is connected to.
Once you’ve done these two things, all you have left to do is open a video in an app like YouTube and press play on it (so long as it’s not already playing). The TV will show the video on the screen.
Using HDMI Cable
If your phone has an HDMI port, this is a great option for making the connection. All you need to do is plug one end of the cable into your TV and then connect the other end to your mobile device. However, not all devices have such ports; some older phones don’t include them or may require adapters even if they do support it.
If your device doesn’t have an HDMI port, you can buy a separate adapter to make this work. There are several types of adapters available on the market that will give you access to your phone’s screen is shown on the TV. One type is MHL (Mobile High-definition Link). Another option comes from Apple and uses its Lightning port.
Using Apps (Allcast/Kodi/Plex)
Allcast is an app that allows users to connect their Android devices to the TV. The app uses DLNA technology, which means you do not need Wi-Fi or any other cords/devices for it to work. All you need to do is install the app on your phone and TV. When connected, simply open Allcast App > Click the “Device” button at the top of your screen > Select your TV from the list (make sure it’s turned ON)
The other way to go about this is by using Kodi or Plex Apps that are already installed onto your phone. Both Kodi and Plex allow you to stream videos/movies onto your TV by using a USB cord. Simply plug the cord into your phone and TV > Open Kodi/Plex app on your phone to start watching.
Connecting your phone to a smart TV without Wi-Fi is not as difficult or expensive as you might think. With so many options available, anyone can enjoy the benefits of sharing content between devices whenever they want with whatever device they have on hand.
Author Bio – Mark Hensley is an ex-Senior Hardware Engineer at Hewlett-Packard, an IT Professional, and the Founder of Povverful.
Website – https://povverful.com/