Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited (AOS) released AOZ32034AQV, a new product in the family of coil drivers for wireless charging transmitter circuits of up to 50W. Packaged in a thermally enhanced QFN 4 x 4 package, the device is designed for wireless charging applications in charging stations, cordless power tools, vacuum cleaners, drones, and other consumer electronic equipment.
The AOZ32034AQV offers a higher power rating of up to 50W compared to the previous device in this family, the AOZ32033AQI, that was suited for 30W applications. Wireless charging circuits use a full-bridge topology with a resonant tank circuit to get the best power conversion efficiency. The AOZ32034AQV half-bridge power stage simplifies the implementation of this topology over discrete approaches. A key feature of this product family is the ability to adjust MOSFET gate drive using the slew rate control (SRC) pin. This allows a system designer to optimize the design by making trade-offs between EMI and efficiency. The device can be used for a wide range of input voltages from 4V to 28V.
“Wireless charging offers convenience in many applications. Implementations, especially in applications sensitive to EMI, can be complex. AOS’s new half-bridge power stage for coil drivers reduces these complexities while reducing solution footprint,” said Armin Hsu, Power IC Marketing Manager at AOS.
- Integrated Half-Bridge Power Stage and bootstrap diode with wide input voltage (4V to 28V) range enables reduced PCB size
- Low RDS(ON) internal N-FETs for both HS/LS supports TX circuit designs of up to 50W
- Adjustable MOSFET gate slew rate control (SRC) for an optimal trade-off between EMI and efficiency
- Robust and Reliable with built-in protection: OTP, VCC UVLO, Bootstrap UVLO
- Thermally enhanced QFN4x4 package
Coil Driver Family Product List
|Wireless Charging Transmitter (TX) Capability
|Up to 30W
|Up to 50W
Pricing and Availability
The AOZ32034AQV is immediately available in production quantities with a lead-time of 24 weeks. The unit price in 1,000pc quantities is $1.0 for AOZ32034AQV.