Corsair has long been one of the top makers of gaming peripherals and this week, the company unveiled its all new mouse, the Corsair Glaive RGB. The Glaive combines a 16,000 DPI sensor with interchangeable thumb grips, allowing you to change the shape of the mouse depending on your preferred grip.
Gaming mice aren’t always a one size fits all solution, people often have their preferences. As a result, the Corsair Glaive RGB comes with a contoured shape and three magnetic grips that you can swap out to customise the fit of the mouse. You can choose between a smooth curve, a tighter, rubberised grip or have a wider thumb rest. Each grip leaves plenty of room for easy access to the programmable buttons too.
Underneath, the Glaive uses a 16,000 DPI PMW3367 optical sensor, which was put together through a collaboration between Corsair and PixArt. With this sensor, you can set your DPI anywhere between 100 to 16,000, so there is plenty of room for adjustments, whether you prefer lower or higher sensitivity.
Finally, this mouse also uses OMRON switches, allowing for industry-leading reliability and ultra-fast response times with each click. Here are the full specifications:
- Contoured shape: Designed so you can game longer without fatigue.
- Custom, gaming grade 16,000 DPI optical sensor: Ultra-accurate and high-speed tracking engine. Native 16,000 DPI resolution, settable to 1 DPI steps, can be custom tuned to virtually any type of mouse pad.
- Interchangeable thumb grips: Choose between three thumb grip styles for a tailored fit.
- Onboard profile storage: Saves lighting effects, macros and DPI settings for universal access to your profile on any PC, without the need for drivers or additional software.
- Surface calibration tuning utility: Optimizes sensor precision and responsiveness for your playing surface.
- High-performance Omron switches rated for 50 million clicks: Custom tuned for gaming, providing an ultrafast response and reliability over time.
- Dynamic multicolor three-zone backlighting: Customizable RGB backlighting immerses you in the game by providing nearly unlimited lighting adjustability.
- Aluminum scroll wheel with rubber grip: Ensures solid response and accuracy.
- Ultrafast 1ms lag-free gameplay: Supports up to 1000Hz/1ms refresh rate for a near instant response to your movements.
The Corsair Glaive should be available any day now at retailers worldwide. The MSRP is $70.