MALVERN, Pa. — May 10, 2017 — Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) today introduced a new IHLP® low profile, high current inductor in the 1616 case size that combines a high operating temperature to +155 °C with a low profile of 2 mm for commercial and industrial applications in extreme environments.
With a frequency range up to 2 MHz, the Vishay Dale IHLP-1616BZ-51 is optimized for energy storage in DC/DC converters and high current filtering up to the self-resonant frequency (SRF) of the inductor (see table below). Applications include notebooks, desktop PCs, and servers; low profile, high current power supplies, PMICs, and point of load (POL) converters; industrial and telecommunications power systems; and DC/DC converters for distributed power systems and FPGAs.
The device released today features high efficiency with typical DCR from 4.0 mΩ to 102.0 mΩ and a wide range of inductance values from 0.10 µH to 4.7 µH. The IHLP-1616BZ-51 provides rated current to 19.0 A and handles high transient current spikes without saturation.
Packaged in a 100 % lead (Pb)-free shielded, composite construction with a custom iron alloy that reduces buzz noise to ultra low levels, the inductor offers high resistance to thermal shock, moisture, and mechanical shock. The IHLP-1616BZ-51 is RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green.
• High temperature, up to 155 °C
• Shielded construction
• Excellent DC/DC energy storage up to 1 MHz to 2 MHz. Filter inductor applications up the SRF (see Standard Electrical Specifications table).
• Handles high transient current spikes without saturation
• Ultra low buzz noise, due to composite construction
• PDA / notebook / desktop / server applications
• High current POL converters
• Low profile, high current power supplies
• Battery powered devices
• DC/DC converters in distributed power systems
• DC/DC converter for Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
Device Specification Table:
|Inductance range (µH)||0.10 to 4.7|
|DCR typ. (mΩ)||4.0 to 102.0|
|DCR max. (mΩ)||4.2 to 110.0|
|Heat rating current (A)||3.2 to 17.3|
|Saturation current (A)||1.8 to 19.0|
|SRF typ. (MHz)||28 to 320|
Samples and production quantities of the new inductor are available now, with lead times of 10 weeks for large orders.