Moxa, a leading provider of industrial wireless solutions worldwide, recently unveiled the TAP-213, a new WLAN-based railway solution for efficient train-to-ground communication. Designed to fulfill both onboard and trackside requirements, the TAP-213 WLAN solution comes with IP68-rated waterproofing and a wide operating temperature range of -40 to 75°C, making it suitable for outdoor applications.
The TAP-213 is built to be rugged and reliable, and features an anti-vibration design, waterproof and dust-tight M12 connectors, and the ability to power the device using both dual DC power inputs and PoE ports, making it an ideal choice for railway onboard operations. To ensure continuous availability of Wi-Fi connectivity on fast-moving trains, the TAP-213 comes with controller-based Turbo Roaming technology to provide 50 millisecond handoff times.
According to Zone Wang, product manager of Moxa’s Industrial Wireless Division, “Wireless train-to-ground railway communication systems, such as CBTC and CCTV applications, require rail-certified wireless APs and clients to establish seamless wireless connections. Moxa’s new TAP-213 AP/client is a rugged device specifically designed to meet the critical requirements of your rail applications by providing device availability, network redundancy, and reliability in onboard and trackside systems.”
TAP-213 Rail WLAN AP/Client Features and Benefits:
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compliant
- Can be powered through the dual DC power inputs or PoE ports
- Rugged waterproof IP68-rated housing
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Compliance with the mandatory test items of the EN 50155 standard
- Compliant with the EN 50121-4 standard
- Controller-based Turbo Roaming technology that ensures roaming times < 50 ms
- Support both layer 2 and 3 networks
- QoS (Wi-Fi Multimedia) and VLAN to process network traffic efficiently
- Wireless network redundancy provided by Moxa’s AeroLink Protection function
For more information visit: https://www.moxa.com/product/TAP-213.htm