STMicroelectronics India hosted annual MEMS media briefing at one of its world-class R&D center situated at Greater Noida. STMicroelectronics has already dominated the MEMS market for Consumer and mobile applications and continuously driving advanced automation and Industrial IoT.
Fourth Industry revolution is here and ST has gone extra mile to enrich smart manufacturing with accuracy, precision and longevity. Understanding the vast opportunity for MEMS sensors in the industrial environment, ST has introduced the portfolio of high-accuracy MEMS sensors and components designed with 10 years longevity assurance serving the needs of advanced automation environments.
ST spokesperson for MEMS Sensors, Vishal Goyal senior Technical Marketing Manager, Analog and MEMS Group, RF, Sensors and Analog Custom Products, Asean-ANZ and India, demonstrated and explained the following key takeaways:
- Comprehensive development kit simplifies prototyping, evaluation and development of innovative
- Complemented with software, firmware libraries and tools, including a dedicated mobile App.
- Fit snugly in your IoT hub or sensor network node and become the core of your solution.
- Complemented with software, firmware libraries and tools, including a dedicated mobile App
- ST devices: STM32L476, LSM6DSM, LSM303AGR, LPS22HB, MP34DT04, BlueNRG-MS, BALF-NRG 01D3 and LD39115J18R
- Evaluation board mounts the SPBTLE-1S Bluetooth SMART application processor compliant with BT specification v4.2.
- Supports multiple simultaneous roles and can act as a Bluetooth Smart master and slave device at the same time.
- Battery powered solution also embeds digital MEMS microphone MP34DT05-A and 3D accelerometer + 3D gyroscope, LSM6DSL
- Comes with a SW development kit that includes the Bluetooth low energy stack, all the drivers for audio and inertial data acquisition, and button and LED management.
- Ready-to-use BlueVoice library is included as middleware
- Sample application with voice streaming over BLE to an Android or iOS device, running the ST BlueMS apps.
Vibration Monitoring for Predictive Maintenance
In industrial applications, ST has a Predictive Maintenance demo with a compact low-voltage dual motor-control evaluation board for condition monitoring and early motor-failure detection, as well as eSIM / M2M solutions for industrial and telematics applications; IO-Link to enable communications between different end devices and sensors for industrial use.
X-CUBE-MEMS1 / FP-CLD-WATSON1
- Sensor and motion algorithm software expansion for STM32Cube
- Includes drivers that recognize the sensors and collect temperature, humidity, pressure and motion data from the HTS221, LPS25HB, LSM6DS0, LSM6DS3, LPS22HB, LSM6DSL, LSM303AGR and LIS3MDL devices
- Running on the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 expansion boards connected to a NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-L476RG development board.
- Enables Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) algorithm for vibration analysis and Cloud connectivity through FP-CLD-WATSON1
BlueNRG-2 based HID profile
- Demonstration application supported by the BlueNRG-1, BlueNRG-2 development platforms (STEVAL-IDB007V2, STEVAL-IDB008V2).
- Demonstrates a BLE device using the standard HID/HOGP Bluetooth low energy application profile.
- The BLE HID mouse application implements a basic HID mouse with two buttons compliant with the standard HID/HOGP BLE application profile.
- The mouse movements are provided by the 3D accelerometer and 3D gyroscope on the BLE development platform
Ultrasound Inspection for Condition Monitoring: Pressure Pipe Leak Detection
The demo will be unveiled at ST Booth EB15, Hall 4 , BIEC(Bengaluru) in electronica India 2018