The SGS electrical and electronic (E&E) product testing laboratory in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, has expanded its ranges of services to include accredited testing for four types of luminaire:
- General purpose luminaires
- Luminaires for road and street lighting
- Recessed luminaires
- Portable general purpose luminaires
The latest ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accreditation by the National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL) is part of an expansion in testing capabilities at the site, which already includes accredited testing for:
- NABL accreditation for information technology equipment (IT), audio visual equipment (AV), audio/video, information and communication technology equipment (ITAV), measurement equipment (MEAS), toys, environmental & IP testing
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) recognition for IT, AV, and household power adaptors
- Telecom Engineering Center (TEC) – Safety accreditation for telecom products
It is expected that further tests and product categories will be added to the facility’s scope in due course.
Monika Sharma, Business Director – Consumer and Retail, said: “India is witnessing a tremendous boom in the Electrical and Electronics market, coupled with a boost in local manufacturing. SGS will continue to strategically invest and develop its E&E safety testing capability to support the industry. These investments show our commitment to strengthening the foundations for the future development of services, to enhance operational excellence and customer experience.’’
The Bengaluru laboratory covers approximately 7,970 sq. ft. and is equipped with high-end measuring equipment including draught proof chamber, endurance tester, environmental chamber, dust chamber, power meters, temperature scanners, leakage current tester, earth resistance meter and hipot tester.
The comprehensive range of E&E testing solutions on offer at the site include:
- Endurance tests
- Thermal tests
- High temperature test
- IR test
- HV test
- Humidity test
- Protective earth resistance test
- Leakage test
- Construction check test
- IP test
Manufacturers can also receive certification for their E&E products to display the CE mark.