Next Generation of Wi-Fi eBook from element14 Community features overview of Wi-Fi market trends & provides insights into future developments
element14.com, an Avnet community, is offering its members a new eBook that provides an overview of the upcoming market trends in Wi-Fi, insights into how its standards are advancing, and an overview of new features and future applications that could further expand Wi-Fi’s importance and reach.
Wi-Fi has been a wildly successful technology since its introduction two decades ago, connecting billions of devices all over the world. The growing reach of Wi-Fi is benchmarked by several advancements, highlighted throughout the eBook. Looking ahead to the future, the upcoming changes in Wi-Fi will try to meet the needs of increased traffic, import new proficiencies, enhance security, and keep up with recent application trends in the market. All of this is explored in the new eBook, including:
· An overview of Wi-Fi’s growth and expansion, including insights into the growing demands on Wi-Fi networks and how Wi-Fi will need to evolve.
· Forecasts for the future of Wi-Fi 6 device technology, which is expected to become widely used in 2021 thanks in part to its lower latency and enhancements to battery life.
· Information on Wi-Fi Protected Access 3 (WPA3), which is now mandatory for all new Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ products to help ensure that Wi-Fi devices continue to keep pace with the evolving security landscape.
· An exploration of Wi-Fi 6E, which solves Wi-Fi spectrum shortage issues by providing additional and contiguous channel bandwidth, supporting an ever-growing population of devices at unprecedented speeds.
· A look into how the proximity-based discovery feature of Wi-Fi Aware enables applications to discover each other within a certain range without network infrastructure, allowing devices to interact and enhance the user experience without the need for an access point or human oversight.
· A look at the future of Wi-Fi hotspots, which are expected to continue to thrive thanks in part to Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint, which will streamline access to hotspots in public places by excluding the users’ need to locate and authenticate a network each time they connect.
· An overview of some of the application areas that will benefit from the advances in Wi-Fi technology, including the Internet of Things (IoT), the expansion of smart homes, networking technology in enterprise environments, automotive OEMs and Wi-Fi’s role in the future of mission-critical applications.
· An overview of the continued role Wi-Fi will play as a key to digital resilience, including delivering essential connectivity at the individual consumer level, allowing users to accomplish daily activities and carry out tasks that previously required physical contact.
element14, an Avnet company, stocks a broad range of Wi-Fi enabled products that capitalize on the latest Wi-Fi technologies, including:
· Raspberry Pi 4 Computer, Model B 8GB RAM: This latest addition to the popular Raspberry Pi range of computers offers a significant increase in processor speed, rich multimedia performance, memory, and improved connectivity compared to its predecessor Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. It boasts a 64-Bit quad-core processor running at 1.5GHz, up to 8GB of RAM, dual-band 2.4/5.0 GHz wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0/BLE, USB 3.0, and more.
· Arduino Portenta H7: The onboard wireless module allows makers to simultaneously manage WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. The WiFi interface can be operated as an Access Point, as a Station or as a dual mode simultaneous AP/STA and can handle up to 65 Mbps transfer rate.
· Avnet Ultra96 V2: The Ultra96-V2 is an Arm-based, Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+™ MPSoC development board based on the Linaro 96Boards Consumer Edition (CE) specification. Engineers have options of connecting to Ultra96-V2 through a Webserver using integrated wireless access point capability or to use the provided PetaLinux desktop environment which can be viewed on the integrated Mini DisplayPort video output.
To read the full eBook and see all of the insights, please visit element14.com.