Record Third Quarter 2022 Highlights
- Net sales $2.1 billion, up 24% year-on-year
- Gross profit $421 million, operating income $319 million
- Net income $306 million, earnings per diluted share $1.24
- EBITDA $481 million
“Amkor delivered outstanding results in the third quarter. Revenue of $2.1 billion and EPS of $1.24 are quarterly records, with all end markets hitting new record revenue levels. Quality execution of steep production ramps for new high-volume products drove this excellent performance,” said Giel Rutten, Amkor’s president and chief executive officer.
“Despite macroeconomic uncertainty, we remain well positioned to execute on our strategy, leveraging our leadership position in Advanced packaging and our broad geographic footprint to support the industry megatrends of 5G, IoT, Automotive, and High-Performance Computing (HPC).”
Amkor Technology Quarterly Financial Results
(1) EBITDA is a non-GAAP financial measure. The reconciliation to the most directly comparable GAAP
financial measure is included below under “Selected Operating Data.”
At September 30, 2022, total cash and short-term investments was $0.9 billion, and total debt was $1.1 billion.
The company paid a quarterly dividend of $0.05 per share on September 26, 2022. The declaration and
payment of future dividends, as well as any record and payment dates, are subject to the approval of the
Board of Directors.
The following information presents Amkor’s guidance for the fourth quarter 2022 (unless otherwise noted):
• Net sales of $1.80 billion to $1.90 billion
• Gross margin of 16.0% to 18.0%
• Net income of $150 million to $195 million, or $0.60 to $0.80 per diluted share
• Full year 2022 capital expenditures of approximately $900 million
Conference Call Information
Amkor will conduct a conference call on Monday, October 31, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. This call may include material information not included in this press release. To access the live audio webcast and the accompanying slide presentation, visit the Investor Relations section of Amkor’s website, located at
ir.amkor.com. The live call can also be accessed by dialing 1-877-407-4019 or 1-201-689-8337.