Your eyes are the most important part of your body and therefore, you need to protect them from unnecessary exposure to blue light.
How Does Blue Light Affect the Eyes?
Almost all visible blue light passes through the cornea and lens and reaches the retina. This light may affect vision and could prematurely age the eyes. Early research shows that too much exposure to blue light could lead to:
Eyestrain: Blue light from computer screens and lamp can decrease contrast leading to eyestrain. Symptoms of eyestrain include sore or irritated eyes and difficulty focusing.
Retina damage: Studies suggest that continued exposure to blue light over time could lead to damaged retinal cells. This can cause vision problems like age-related macular degeneration.
What Can You Do to Protect Your Eyes from Blue Light?
If constant exposure to blue light from desk lamp, smart phones, tablets, and computer screens is an issue, there are a few ways to decrease exposure to blue light:
- Screen time: Try to decrease the amount of time spent in front of these screens and/or take frequent breaks to give your eyes a rest.
- Filters: Screen filters are available for smart phones, tablets, and computer screens. They decrease the amount of blue light given off from these devices that could reach the retina in our eyes.
- Eye care desk lamp: such as anti-glare, flicker free, adjustable color temperature, dimmable, low blue light and soft nature light.
- Anti-reflective lenses: Anti-reflective lenses reduce glare and increase contrast and also block blue light from the sun and digital devices.
- Intraocular lens (IOL): After cataract surgery, the cloudy lens will be replaced with an intraocular lens (IOL). The lens naturally protects the eye from almost all ultraviolet light and some blue light. There are different types of IOL that can protect the eye and retina from blue light.
Talk to an eye care professional about options about ways to protect your family and your eyes from blue light.
If you are using desk lamps for any type of desk work, you must choose a lamp that assures optimal eye health.
There are different types of desk lamps available. You must choose the style and lighting that gives optimal illumination for your work. At the same time, the desk lamp should create the perfect ambiance for work so that you don’t feel tired after working. When choosing the low blue light desk lamp for eyes, consider factors like style, wattage, USB charging ports, touch-sensitive control, auto timer, ability to dim or brighten the light and other features.
But when you come to Walmart, you can just see the desk lamps like these:
The Best LED Desk Lamp for Eyes – ILICHTECH Dimmable Eye Care Table Lamp with USB Charging Port, ILICHTECH Eye Care LED Desk Lamp protect your eyes from blue light.
Get this wonderfully neat and exquisite LED Desk Lamp for your office or home desk. Make use of it while you learn, read, write or do your normal activities. Rotate and adjust as you want, it’s made to serve you with natural light no matter the angle.
Desk lamp with usb port:
Recharge your phone/tablet along the way with its USB charging port. With its sleek design it can fit and make any room or desk more stylish and contemporary. LED Desk Lamp that looks impressive, yet is extremely functional.
Adjustable Natural Light:
With its 5-level dimmer you will surely find the light shade that fits your eyesight and preference. You can control the dimmer with its exquisite touch-sensitive control. Additionally, you can adjust the lamp arm to fit your needs. It also comes with 1-hour auto timer, perfect for moments of relaxations and sleeping.
With the different color temperatures (2500k – 7000k), it creates light that is pleasant to the eye and protects the eye sight. The low color temperature can reduce blue light. The brightness choices also help you control the light and that subsequently removes and minimizes the bad effects.
The ability to control the light and the usage of LED lights makes it truly efficient and energy saving.
Get this all-round, adjustable and energy efficient LED desk lamp, and always have a great natural light in any of your rooms.