In its mission to secure the agility and flexibility of cloud computing environments, today WinMagic announced the immediate availability of SecureDoc CloudVM in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. WinMagic, an award-winning encryption and intelligent key management security solution provider, is now featured on the Marketplace’s Security + Identity channel, bringing key management, volume and full disk encryption for customers operating on the Microsoft Azure cloud computing infrastructure. By combining WinMagic’s data security solution with the agility and elasticity of Azure public cloud services, enterprises can focus on driving business value rather than trying to manage multiple security solutions.
“Microsoft Azure Marketplace offers an immense distribution channel for WinMagic, ensuring enterprises have greater control and certainty over their data security with an intelligent enterprise-controlled, Cloud agnostic key management and encryption solution,” states James LaPalme, VP of Cloud Solutions, WinMagic. “As businesses increasingly look to leading public Cloud providers, like Microsoft’s Azure platform, to drive competitive advantages, they not only have a greater need for agility, but also a responsibility to protect their sensitive data no matter where it resides. ”
SecureDoc CloudVM leverages all the strengths built into WinMagic’ SecureDoc endpoint encryption to provide a flexible and high-performing data security solution that protects virtualized and public, private and hybrid cloud workloads and data. SecureDoc CloudVM for Microsoft Azure will offer BringYourOwnLicense (BYOL) and subscription models from the marketplace, with several features that apply intelligence to encryption, speed time to market, increase efficiency and reduce risk, such as hourly subscriptions.
Some of the powerful performance and security features include:
- In-guest encryption and enterprise-controlled key management that detaches encryption management from the hypervisor, so keys and data are never exposed to persons outside your organization
- Cloud IaaS workload protection against data breaches, undisclosed government access, or privileged user mishandling
- Highest performing conversion times allow for quick crypt, snapshot and replicated workloads to be managed without having to decrypt and re-encrypt
- The industry’s only on-line and off-line conversion for both Windows and Linux based VMs
- Network Pre-Boot that ensures all workloads are authorized before opening
- Intelligent Key Management and Encryption Engine policies that enable granular administration rights such as time, geography, and cloning restrictions to enforce compliance and security requirements like GDPR and data sovereignty
“With more and more Canadian businesses moving to the cloud, it’s critical they have proper security measures in place to allow them to transform their business and migrate to the cloud with confidence,” said Mary-Ellen Anderson, Vice President, Developer and Platform Group, Microsoft Canada. “Collaborating with companies like WinMagic creates a truly powerful solution for our mutual customers by providing them with greater control of encryption and key management, as well as unmatched global support.”