Sophos XG Firewall provides unprecedented visibility into your network, users, and applications directly from the all-new control center. At Sophos, we’re all about making IT security simpler and more effective by using synchronized security to obtain information from the endpoint, XG Firewall can identify, classify and allow the control of all previously unknown applications active on the network, such as those which don’t have signatures or are using generic HTTP or HTTPS connections.
You can deploy XG Firewall:
- As your primary firewall and get the full benefits of XG Firewall’s unrivalled security, simplicity, and insight.
- Inline with your existing firewall and utilize the new bypass ports for a risk-free addition to your network that delivers all the benefits of Synchronized Security.
- In Discover Mode (TAP Mode) by simply connecting it to a mirror port on your network switch so it can monitor network activity and provide insights, visibility and reporting in a completely unobtrusive way.
The newly launched XG firewall v17 boasts following features:
A new level of visibility and control
XG Firewall introduces Synchronized App Control, a breakthrough that delivers absolute clarity and control over networked applications.
It extends our revolutionary Synchronized Security technology that connects your endpoints and firewall with a Security Heartbeat to share important information about health status, threat intelligence, and now network application traffic. It takes application visibility and control to a whole new level:
Network Security Made Simpler
Sophos XG Firewall v.17 includes a raft of things to simplify day-to-day management, while improving flexibility, power and effectiveness:
- An all-new deployment wizard dramatically streamlines deployment and setup.
- Firewall rule management enhancements make it much easier to manage large firewall rule set.s
- A unified log viewer and more granular logging give you the insight you need to troubleshoot quickly.
- The Policy Test Simulator makes it easy to check firewall rules and policy settings.
- NAT rule and object enhancements enable intuitive but powerful object definitions and NAT rules.
- IPS and app control policy improvements make custom policies easier to build and maintain.
Top Rated Security Effectiveness and Price-Performance
XG Firewall v17 further extends our protection, value and performance advantage with our new class-leading XG Series hardware appliances.
The new XG Series appliances offer improved performance, expanded connectivity, and added resiliency and redundancy options. Equipped with the latest Intel CPUs, generous RAM, and integrated solid-state storage, our XG Series appliances offer a compelling price-performance ratio.
Built-in bypass port pairs enable new deployment options with continued traffic flow even when the device is offline and Power over Ethernet (PoE) FleXi Port modules enable easy deployment of VoIP or Wireless solutions and redundant power supply options in all our 1U series appliances, offers added business continuity.
With all the networking, VPN, web, and app control enhancements in v17, along with the introduction of machine learning technology into Sophos Sandstorm sandboxing, these new XG Series appliances provide a formidable network security solution that can keep up with the most demanding networks and the latest unknown threats.
Synchronized Security to Your Network
XG Firewall works with Intercept X or Central Endpoint Advanced to provide a complete Synchronized Security Solution.
Intercept X also deploys alongside your existing desktop AV or endpoint solution meaning that you can deploy Sophos Synchronized Security in any environment without replacing any of the existing IT infrastructure