- Industry-first protocol triggering and decode for BroadR-Reach and 100Base-T1
- Complete transmit compliance testing for BroadR-Reach,100Base-T1 and 1000Base-T1
- Industry-first 100 percent test coverage for link segment tests using BroadR-Reach and100Base-T1 definitions
- Industry-first bit error rate verification for comparing receiver tests to the BroadR-Reach and 100Base-T1 standards
- Automotive Ethernet solution for end-to-end functional and standards-compliance conformance testing of BroadR-Reach/100Base-T1 devices
- Complete bundled solution orderable under a single part number
Keysight Technologies, Inc. today unveiled a total of five new automotive Ethernet solutions at the Automotive Testing Expo 2017, Suburban Collection Showplace, Booth 2008, Novi, Michigan, Oct. 24-26. These solutions help automotive design and test engineers bring their products to market faster with easy-to-use conformance testing.
Among the innovations unveiled publicly for the first time is the suite of BroadR-Reach, 100Base-T1 and 1000Base-T1 compatible automotive Ethernet bundles—providing automated set-up and testing for Tx, link segment and Rx connectivity and protocol decoding.
Automotive Ethernet is increasingly more important as a backbone to a car’s communication network. Safety standards and increased consumer communication demands require the automotive industry to add more applications with ever-increasing complexity for connectivity to networks. Faster data transfer times and more reliable networks demand that the backplane be lighter, faster and more robust than before. Car manufacturers, OEMs and chipset vendors in the automotive industry are looking to automotive Ethernet as a replacement for the aging media oriented systems transport (MOST) bus.
Keysight’s solutions simplify the test setup and interpretation of results to validate BroadR-Reach, 100Base-T1 and 1000Base-T1 specifications for physical media attachment (PMA), physical layer solutions (PHY), and physical coding sublayer (PCS). With four different software options, Keysight offers the most comprehensive automotive Ethernet compliance solutions on the market today. All the software options automate compliance with 100 percent test coverage for all tests in the automotive physical layer BroadR-Reach,100Base-T1 and 1000Base-T1 specifications respectively.
These automotive Ethernet test software packages automatically execute tests and display the results in a flexible report format. In addition to the measurement data, the report provides a margin analysis that shows how closely the devices passed or failed each test. The automotive Ethernet electrical compliance solutions perform a complete set of electrical tests to meet the BroadR-Reach, 100Base-T1and/or 1000Base-T1 specifications:
- Transceiver testing for BroadR-Reach V3.2 and 100Base-T1 and (IEEE 802.3bw) specifications
- Receiver testing for BroadR-Reach V3.2 and 100Base-T1 (IEEE 802.3bw) specifications
- Transceiver testing for 1000Base-T1 (IEEE 802.3bp)
- Protocol Trigger & Decode for BroadR-Reach V3.2 and 100Base-T1 (IEEE 802.3bw) specifications
- Link testing for BroadR-Reach V3.2 and 100Base-T1 (IEEE 802.3bw) specifications
“At Keysight, we recognize that it is critical to address the growing market demands within the Automotive market,” said Siegfried Gross, vice president and general manager of Keysight’s Automotive and Energy Solutions business unit. “These new solutions represent yet another way that Keysight is supporting the evolution and standardization of technologies for our automotive customers. With our latest solution release, we have given designers, R&D and test engineers the critical tools and capabilities they need to release products according to the required Automotive Ethernet specifications.”
More information about Keysight’s automotive Ethernet solutions is available at www.keysight.com/find/Automotive-Ethernet.